Saturday, June 17, 2017

Stamp Out Cancer

Hi all

Well another week and been and gone, hasnt this year just flown.

In May my beautiful friend and Upline Chloe and I held a Australia's biggest morning tea. We got the inspiration at our Onstage Convention in April when I won the awesome Ribbon of Courage stamp set designed by the beautiful Patty Bennett.

The first thing I thought was this would be the perfect set for a cancer fundraiser. So Chloe and I got to planning and hosted this wonderful event and we managed to raise over $700.

Lots of fun and we had a make and take using the stampset, raffles, lucky door prize and of course yummy treats.

Below is the make and take that everyone made. We gave the ladies the option of making the card in either Bermuda Bay (Blue) or Melon Mambo (Pink).



This card below I made for a group swap that we took part in.  Our group of Stampin Up demonstrators each selected a new stamp set to highlight. We then made 6 of them and each of us got one. Its a great way to share ideas and see all the different styles of people. Instead of using the Ribbon I decided to highlight the heart in the set. Using Versamark I stamped the hearts and then heat embossed in white. I then had a spritzer with Melon Mambo, Old Olive and Bermuda Bay and sprayed over the top of the watercolour cardstock. The effect was beautiful. It was then mounted on Melon Mambo and then placed on a Bermuda Bay cardstock.   I got this lovely card idea by the very talented Yvonne Pree.


 The beautiful Ribbon of Courage stampset designed by Patty Bennett



These were made as part of our raffle.


                   



Below are some pictures from the day. I think everyone had a great time, I know I did!



We had a great time highlighting this stampset and raising money for such a great cause. I will definitely be helping out again next year.

Have a great week everyone and happy crafting.

Cheers
Nic 😊 

No comments:

Post a Comment