Sunday, November 27, 2016

ESAD 2016 Holiday Catalogue Favourite Products Blog Hop


Welcome to my part of the ESAD 2016 Holiday Catalogue Favourite Products Blog Hop. If you have been following the trail of blogs then I am sure you have come from Renee's page and wasn't it fabulous. If you havent been to Renee's yet make sure you go and take a look, you wont be disappointed.

This is the first time I have participated in a blog hop and to say I am nervous is an understatement. I do hope you enjoy taking a look and that I manage to inspire you at least a little.


There’s nothing that says Christmas more than Santa, his sleigh and Reindeer right! So, with that in mind I set about making one of my all-time favourite cards. I just love the stamps and dies I have used today and love that I have bought two of my favourites from the Holiday Catalogue together to make the one card. 


Using Santa’s Sleigh Thinlit Dies I cut out his sleigh using Cherry Cobbler Cardstock. Once that was cut out I stamped my reindeer using Santa’s Sleigh Stamp set with Crumb Cake ink on Crumb Cake Cardstock. Lets not forget that a Reindeer isn't complete without his bell! These cute mini jingle bells come in red and silver and are a great addition and best of all they even make noise!!! Attach this around Rudolph’s neck by using our linen thread.

Once that was all completed I then started on my background. To create the dark night sky, I sponged Dapper Denim Ink in layers to get the desired darkness. Once I was happy with the look I added a stamped off Whisper White Ink snow effect. I still felt though that it wasn’t quite enough so using one of my favourite sets from the annual catalogue I stamped one of the trees from Lovely as a Tree Stamp set.

For the ground using a combination of heat and stick and dazzling diamonds I managed to create a snow-covered road that Santa’s Sleigh could land on.  I also managed to make the tree glisten with snow.

I then started on my second set Father Christmas. I just love this set. The fine lines on the stamp make it so that you can either stamp the set alone or you can go one step further and colour in (and who doesn’t love a little colouring in). Using Black StazOn I stamped both Santa and his Toy Sack. Once dried I then set about colouring in using a combination of our Markers (Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Strawberry Slush, Crumb Cake and Basic Black) and our Blender Pen with Real Red Inkpad and adding a touch of Wink a Stella Glitter Brush on his beard and white parts of his suit.

Finally, the Sentiment. This is from another of our cute stamp sets called Cookie Cutter Christmas Stampset. I wanted something small and simple and this was perfect.

Then came time to put it all together. Using a combination of Glue dots, Fine Tip Glue Pen, Stampin Dimensional and Tear and Tape I adhered all the different parts together.
I just love how it turned out and I hope that you do too. 

So that’s it from me this time round. Thanks for visiting. I hope that you will continue your journey thru the rest of the Blogs. Next up is Amity and I just know you are going to love her creation.
Have a great day and a Very Merry Christmas to you all.







https://stampinamity.com.au/2016/11/27/esad-bloghop-holiday-catalogue-scrapping/





Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.00

14 comments:

  1. Sponging is something I forget about, but it has been one of the highlights of your card. Thanks for sharing. p.s. well done on your first blog hop, beware - they are addictive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Nicole, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to put sack in the sleigh, I was struggling what to put in sleigh. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous Nicole. I hope this is the first of many hops with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card. I have sets I have barely used and Father Christmas is one. I like what you have done mixing them together

    ReplyDelete
  6. neat card Nicole - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Nicole! Awesome colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the background and the snow covered road.......great card Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Nicole. Thanks for participating in the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your background is gorgeous. I love how you've combined the sets to make the one set. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that sleigh and how youve used santa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. I would never have thought to put Father Christmas with the sleigh. Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh - love your colour combo Nicole! What a great idea putting Santa in front of his sleigh!

    ReplyDelete